Opeth

Baal

• 2 weeks later...

Exclusive for the US Record Store Day 2011, Opeth will release 7” vinyl of “The Throat of Winter” April 16th. The track, which was originally featured on the God of War: Blood & Metal digital EP, will see its first and only physical incarnation with this special release. Side B of the 7” is etched with the band’s logo and jacket artwork was created by longtime Opeth collaborator Travis Smith, with direction from Mikael Åkerfeldt. For a list of participating stores click here

A very limited number of only 40 units will go on sale on Opeth's official web store on Monday, April 18th with a signed Watershed promo card.

About Record Store Day:

Record Store Day is managed by the Music Monitor Network and is organized in partnership with the Alliance of Independent Media Stores (AIMS), the Coalition of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) and celebrates the culture of independent record stores by playing host to in-store events/performances, signings and special product releases on a global scale.

Record Store Day takes place annually on the third Saturday of April. For more information on exclusive Record Store Day events, products and participants, visit www.recordstoreday.com.

SW na svojoj FB strani:

A little update.....after last year was pretty much a year without any new music from me, I've been working very hard in the studio on various projects. Firstly, we finished mixing the incredible new Opeth album a few days ago, keep an eye on their website for details on that.

The much-anticipated collaboration project between OPETH's Mikael Åkerfeldt and PORCUPINE TREE's Steven Wilson, tentatively dubbed "Storm Corrosion", has completed writing material for its debut album. Wilson says, "There's still a lot of recording work to do, but this should definitely be out in early 2012."

The much-anticipated collaboration project between OPETH's Mikael Åkerfeldt and PORCUPINE TREE's Steven Wilson, tentatively dubbed "Storm Corrosion", has completed writing material for its debut album. Wilson says, "There's still a lot of recording work to do, but this should definitely be out in early 2012."

tumblr_lejva8THAC1qeve44o1_500.jpg

I have been an Opeth and Porcupine Tree fan since the late 1990s, and let me tell you…this project could only be slightly better if Devin Townsend were somehow involved. Maybe he should produce the fucker! If that happened, a milky, lukewarm mess would creep its way down my leg. I shit you not.

:haha:

Edited by AstralliS
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
Keyboardist Per Wiberg has been relieved of his duties in Opeth as part of a mutual decision with the band. Keyboard duties on upcoming tours will be handled by a musician who is already rehearsing with the band. Said musician’s identity will be released at a later date.

Vocalist/guitarist Mikael Åkerfeldt released the following statement about the matter: “Well, it’s been somewhat of a revolving door of members during the last couple of years, and now, Per is no longer a member. Mendez, Axe and Fredrik and I came to the decision that we should find a replacement for Per right after the recordings of the new album, and this came as no surprise to Per. He had, in turn, been thinking about leaving, so you could say it was a mutual decision. There’s no bad blood, just a relationship that came to an end, and that’s that. We wish Per the best, and he did a splendid job recording keyboards for the last record, which stands as his final recording with Opeth.”

Opeth remain hard at work on their next album, which follows up 2008’s critically acclaimed Watershed. The album is due out this Fall on Roadrunner Records.

• 2 weeks later...