Sepultura

aleksej

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brazil's SEPULTURA is a prime example of an intelligent thrash metal act whose powerful compositions continue to tackle exciting and ingenious subjects. 1996 saw the band devote its landmark release "Roots" to the fate of the Xavante Indians on the border of Brazil and Bolivia; in spring 2006 the musicians put to music an opus by the Italian poet and philosopher Dante Alighieri, on their album "Dante XXI". Now this concept has reached a new climax: on their latest release, "A-Lex", guitarist Andreas Kisser and his three colleagues, Derrick Green (vocals), Paulo Jr. (bass) and new addition Jean Dollabella (drums), have dedicated themselves to Anthony Burgess's book "A Clockwork Orange", creating an awesome thrash metal opus around this timeless and exciting subject.

"A lot of people know Stanley Kubrick's film 'A Clockwork Orange', which is a movie classic, but few realize that the last chapter of the book is missing from the film. And that's what in my opinion is extremely important for the message that Anthony Burgess wanted to convey: it's your own free will, your own free choice, in which environment you choose to move," Kisser explains his interpretation of this historic publication. "Following his stay in hospital, Alex, the book's main character, returns to society, meets old friends, finds a wife and starts a family. He makes this choice of his own will, irrespective of what the government had in mind for him."

The recording is divided into four chapters, the first three of which cover the familiar plot from the movie, while chapter four reflects the final part of the story from the book. "Every chapter, from 'Alex I' to 'Alex IV', starts with a brief introduction which allows the listener to follow the story at all times," Kisser explains.

Along with SEPULTURA's familiar raw metal tunes, which are omnipresent on the one-hour recording, they have authentically translated Alex's affinity with Ludwig van Beethoven: supported by classical symphonic musicians from Sao Paulo, the track "Ludwig Van" picks up Beethoven's "9th Symphony" and transposes it into a heavy metal context. This number is a definite must, and it would be impossible to optimise this combination of classical music and savage thrash metal.

Obratiti paznju na prvu recenicu :).

• 2 weeks later...

Ovo mi je ulepsalo dan, samo da ne bude otkazivanja. Videcemo set listu za turneju, ali poslednje set liste su bile sjajne. Gledao sam par bootlega i sve obecava sjajnu svirku. Ko tada jos svira sem Kreatora? Ako se uradi ozbiljna kampanja Sepultura ce dobro proci, po prvi put dolaze, mada ce delimicno zavisiti i od prijema novog albuma. Mozda je Max zaradio vise para, ali kvalitet je na strani Sepulture.

Ovo mi je ulepsalo dan, samo da ne bude otkazivanja. Videcemo set listu za turneju, ali poslednje set liste su bile sjajne. Gledao sam par bootlega i sve obecava sjajnu svirku. Ko tada jos svira sem Kreatora? Ako se uradi ozbiljna kampanja Sepultura ce dobro proci, po prvi put dolaze, mada ce delimicno zavisiti i od prijema novog albuma. Mozda je Max zaradio vise para, ali kvalitet je na strani Sepulture.

ja se slazem s ovim. po mojoj, proceni, bend koji je najvise najebao u ovom paketu sepultura/kreator/iron maiden je kreator. mada, mozda gresim..