Cradle Of Filth

All_Destroyer

• 2 weeks later...
Do you recall who your primary influences were at the time? Even now, The Principle of Evil Made Flesh is more than the sum of its parts.

Robin Eaglestone: I remember I was heavily into Venom, Bathory, Celtic Frost, but I personally was never much of a “muso” player. My technique was quite bad. Even if I was trying to sound like another band, by the time I was finished, it sounded completely different anyway. I remember every one in the band coming from a totally different musical background. They once accused me of living in an ’80s thrash time warp.

Benjamin Ryan: I think there was too much going on to say anyone was a primary influence—we had absolutely loads of influences from all sorts of genres of music. For example, I was into a lot of synth-based music, Jean Michel Jarre, Tomita and the Orb, to name three of many. A big influence on myself and Dani was the Musical Version of The War of the Worlds—I think that album was played in part or in full every day of the recording of Principle, and we had long conversations about how epic and grand it is on many occasions before, during and after.

What were your rehearsals like back then?

Dani Filth: They used to be all over the place. Towards the beginning of the writing, they were based in Ipswich, which is the town I live in at the present. Most of the pubs that had function rooms, which we used as rehearsal spaces, have been demolished now. But we moved to Colchester eventually. I remember the rehearsals being quite fun. We were young. I distinctly remember being at rehearsal when Kurt Cobain blew his head off.

Paul Allender: They pretty cool, actually. Loads of fun. We had some proper shitholes too. We really did. There was one place called the Rising Sun in Colchester. It was like a function hall. It was pretty derelict. I remember the backyard was full of dog crap. Everywhere! You had to tiptoe around it to get out of the backyard. [Laughs] We wrote a lot of Dusk and Her Embrace there, too.

Robin Eaglestone: We used to write and rehearse in some awful places that had horrible acoustics, hard floors, cold, dirty, loads of reverb. Always on the cheap. Once, or if we were lucky twice, a week. Progress was swift, though. It wasn’t unusual to write the best part of a track in a single session. Apart from the actual recording of Principle and the tour we did in Germany with Anathema, the writing sessions in Colchester, Ipswich and Hadleigh were the some of the best experiences of all. One of the factors contributing to that was the way that the group as a whole could transform raw ideas into material that was album-ready in a matter of moments. I felt encouraged by people like Paul Ryan, Ben Ryan and Dani enough to present as many ideas as I could no matter how insignificant I thought they were. By the time the bigger machine had munched over it, it was no longer someone’s idea. It was more like six totally different strands of DNA being spliced together.

MADBALL bassist Hoya Roc has uploaded a photo to the Lockerz.com social networking site which purportedly shows CRADLE OF FILTH frontman Dani Filth being forcibly restrained to the floor, allegedly by a security guard at yesterday's (Thursday, July 14) Lez'Arts Scéniques festival in Sélestat, France where both bands performed. Roc's caption accompanying the picture reads as follows: "When metal fantasy goes wrong !! Haha cradle of filth singer gettin yoked up by security"

cradlemadball.jpg

In an official statement posted on the Léz'Arts Scéniques web site, festival organizers explained that they were forced to call upon security and the local police to subdue the "aggressive and unmanageable" Filth, who had become "dangerous to himself and others" at the event.

I kad saberem to sa Despotovom pričom koji mi reče da na Metal campu Dani nije mogao da stoji miran ni sekunde, kapiram da je počeo da se radi spidom ili heroinom.

I da, zbog ovih povreda otkazali Wacken.

A ovo je zvanično saopštenje organizatora Wacken-a:

The 2011 edition of the Wacken Open Air festival is taking place August 4th - 6th in Wacken, Germany.

Organizers check in with an update: "Bad news today. Due to injuries sustained by Dani Filth at the Selestat festival in France, CRADLE OF FILTH sadly announce their cancellation of this year's W:O:A appearance. The band apologize and want to let all their fans know, who were looking forward to their show, that they tried all they can to make this happen though and that they are very disappointed not being able to make it. The only blessing in disguise is that Dani and his band will try to make up for it next year and therefore we are happy to announce that Cradle Of Filth are the first confirmed band for W:O:A 2012.

Get well soon Dani from all at W:O:A.

As there is an open slot for the Black Stage on Friday, we did all to find a great replacement. And we did! No one less than legendary Tom Gabriel Warrior's (mastermind of CELTIC FROST and HELLHAMMER) new and highly acclaimed group TRIPTYKON will replace Cradle Of Filth on Friday, 11:15 PM at the Black Stage. You can look forward to a show full of dark, doom, heavy and atmospheric moments. Welcome to the W:O:A 2011."

Did Dani Filth Have A Mental Breakdown At French Festival?

As more information comes to light, it is becoming clear that Dani Filth was not 'beaten up' by security as many have speculated. It is now looking like festival security and French police had to restrain Filth from harming himself and others.

This would explain why security in the photo is clearly restraining Dani Filth and not in a full on brawl. Filth and Co. have also pulled out of next weeks Wacken festival "due to injuries" Filth sustained.

Could these injuries be of the mental kind and not physical as everyone has speculated?

To address this, we must look at the bigger picture and the events that led up to Dani Filth's confrontation with security.

Eyewitnesses to Cradle of Filth's July 14th appearance in France saw the band take the stage late due to technical issues. Both the crowd and band were constantly blasted with feedback. Before that, Dani was nearly an hour late to a meeting with press and most had left to cover other bands infuriating Filth. RadioMetal.com reports that "As a result, the vocalist headed to the side of the stage on numerous occasions, notably to yell at a staff member, to kick him in the shins (!), and ended up trying to punch him in the face (!!!)." Filth also threw a full water bottle at a sound tech and slammed down the mic before storming off stage.

What happened next we can only speculate on until a statement is made by those present. All we know is Dani Filth was taken to the ground and restrained for the police. Lez'Arts Scéniques Festival organizers stated "Faced with Dani Filth's aggressive and uncontrollable behavior, both on stage and backstage, the festival organizers had no choice but to have festival security and the police handle the person who had become a danger for himself and for others."

The key lines are "danger to himself and for others."

MADBALL bassist Hoya Roc has uploaded a photo to the Lockerz.com social networking site which purportedly shows CRADLE OF FILTH frontman Dani Filth being forcibly restrained to the floor, allegedly by a security guard at yesterday's (Thursday, July 14) Lez'Arts Scéniques festival in Sélestat, France where both bands performed. Roc's caption accompanying the picture reads as follows: "When metal fantasy goes wrong !! Haha cradle of filth singer gettin yoked up by security"

cradlemadball.jpg

KULT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photo decenije :D

Inace stvarno mogu da potvrdim da se poslednji put kada sam ga video, i na bini i u backstageu, Dani ponasao jako cudno, neverovatno hiperaktivno i o svemu tome sam docnije obavestio Slobu. Tada smo prvi put pomislili da uzima neke psihoaktivne supstance i, da, evo sad se to cinimi se potvrdilo!

Edited by Despot!

• 3 weeks later...

The UK’s premier extreme metal antagonists Cradle of Filth will release their new mini-album, entitled ‘Evermore Darkly…’ on Peaceville Records, October 10th 2011. A follow-on from last year’s triumphant ‘Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa’ album, ‘Evermore Darkly’ will arrive as a CD/DVD package including new tracks & rarities, with a lengthy on-the-road documentary and ten songs filmed live at this year's Graspop metal meet, as well as the video for 'Lilith Immaculate'.

The CD features brand new musical beast ‘Thank Your Lucky Stars’, plus a special remix of ‘Forgive Me Father’, courtesy of Rob C from Anthrax, an extended rendition of ‘Lilith Immaculate', as well as tempered demo versions of three ‘Darkly, Darkly…’ songs. The mini-album closes with a special taster from Cradle of Filth’s impending orchestral project, in the form of a haunting, classic reworking of fan-favourite, ‘Summer Dying Fast’.

The ‘Evermore Darkly’ DVD contains footage from Summer 2011, when Cradle of Filth embarked on a rapid spat of tours, accompanied by two eager filmmakers. The resulting documentary, 'You Can't Polish A Turd, But You Can Roll It In Glitter', combined with performance and interview footage culminates in a forty five minute film of the not so glamorous reality of life in a touring band at work and play, as they trawl their way across Europe over eight performances. The DVD includes an interview with ghoul-guide Dani Filth, interspersed and peppered with live footage and backstage shenanigans, culminating in the entire hour long set from this year's highly anticipated Graspop festival appearance.

Dani states that it is 'a much-loved musical stop-gap between albums, a pleasure treasure trove of wild and wicked wonders primed especially for fans. Something for them to sink their teeth into this Autumn as the Cradle invasion fleet is primed for future contagion….'