Paradise Lost

British doom/goth metal pioneers PARADISE LOST kicked off their "Draconian Times" tour 2011 this past Friday, March 18 at the Fuzz club in Athens, Greece.

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Enchantment

02. Hallowed Land

03. The Last Time

04. Forever Failure

05. Once Solemn

06. Shadowkings

07. Elusive Cure

08. Yearn For Change

09. Shades Of God

10. Hands Of Reason

11. I See Your Face

12. Jaded

Encore 1:

13. Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us

14. True Belief

15. One Second

16. Say Just Words

Encore 2:

17. Sweetness

18. As I Die

Video footage of the band's performance can be viewed below.

Check put photos of the concert at Metal-Temple.com.

Sony Music will reissue PARADISE LOST's seminal 1995 album "Draconian Times" through the "Legacy" series; which will feature the entire digitally re-mastered album including a 5.1 Dolby Surround mix in a brand-new collector's edition digipak box set, so fans can hear the album like never before!

Along with this release, PARADISE LOST is performing "Draconian Times" live at a series of seven exclusive gigs in the following select cities around Europe: Utrecht, Bochum, London, Paris, Athens, and Thessaloniki.

Commented PARADISE LOST frontman Nick Holmes: "'Draconian Times' was a huge success for the band; it seemed to be exactly the right album to do at the right time, and to a certain degree was definitely the end of a chapter for the band. We always considered the album to be a 'better' version of its predecessor, 'Icon', and using [producer] Simon Effemy again for the third time, I think we were all on the same hymn sheet and knew exactly what we wanted and what the album should sound like.

"We had done a pretty extensive touring schedule for the 'Icon' album before it, and there was already a decent buzz around about the band.

"In the 1990s without the Internet you could only really gauge how things were going once you walked onto the stage and saw how the crowd responded to songs! But after the 'Draconian Times' album was released, the response was phenomenal.

"Knowing that 'Draconian Times' is still considered by many as being among their favorite albums of all time fills me with great pride, and I'm very grateful to have been part of it all and now having the chance to be here again playing it in its entirety is phenomenal."

A ova je sa drugog nastupa u Atini:

Show #2 - Fuzz, Athens, GR, 19/3/2011

1. Enchantment

2. Hallowed Land

3. The Last Time

4. Forever Failure

5. Once Solemn

6. Shadowkings

7. Elusive Cure

8.Yearn For Change

9. Shades Of God

10. Hands Of Reason

11. I See Your Face

12. Jaded

--- Break ---

13. Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us

14. Mystify

15. The Enemy

16. Say Just Words

--- Encore ---

17. Embers Fire

18. One Second

• 4 weeks later...

nisam ih slusao,ne pamtim...sve sto ih vise slusam,vise mi se svidjaju oni albumi koji mi se pre nisu svidjali...meni je njihov ubedljivo najbolji draconian times....jedina razlika je sto sam pre voleo one albume koji su pre tog albuma,a sada volim one koji su posle tog albuma...one secund mi je trenutno neverovatno dobar...i pre sam ga slusao,al ovih dana mi je bas legao...isto kao i tiamat...pre voleo stare,a sada novije albume...

Upravo to i jeste poenta Paradise Losta, nikad nije dosadno...

U razlicitim periodima zivota i raznim raspolozenjima i ja slusam njihove razlicite albume, i skoro je nemoguce odabrati najbolji. U jednom momentu pomislis - e ovo je ultimativni PL album, da bi onda mjesec dana kasnije pomislio to isto za neki sasvim drugi.

Posto je to bend sa takvim nizom vrhunski kvalitetnih albuma u kome skoro da nema slabijeg mjesta, stvar je iskljucivo u trenutnom osjecaju i raspolozenju. Mislim da to i jeste jedan od razloga sto ih njihovi fanovi toliko posveceno slusaju i vole.

A za ono pre-Draconian i post-Draconian, to mi se ne mijenja vec godinama, uvijek post-Draconian period!

• Upvote 2

Upravo to i jeste poenta Paradise Losta, nikad nije dosadno...

U razlicitim periodima zivota i raznim raspolozenjima i ja slusam njihove razlicite albume, i skoro je nemoguce odabrati najbolji. U jednom momentu pomislis - e ovo je ultimativni PL album, da bi onda mjesec dana kasnije pomislio to isto za neki sasvim drugi.

Posto je to bend sa takvim nizom vrhunski kvalitetnih albuma u kome skoro da nema slabijeg mjesta, stvar je iskljucivo u trenutnom osjecaju i raspolozenju. Mislim da to i jeste jedan od razloga sto ih njihovi fanovi toliko posveceno slusaju i vole.

A za ono pre-Draconian i post-Draconian, to mi se ne mijenja vec godinama, uvijek post-Draconian period!

Apsolutno

• 2 months later...

Paradise lost kao headliner prvog dana u Kavarni očekivano veličanstven, kao i Moonspell ista mi situacija, iako ih 3. put gledam možda su mi i najbolji bili, verovatno zbog perfektnog zvuka i bine.

tangra_kavarna2011_PL_setlist.jpg

U suštini nema šta da se duži - PL su očevi i zakletva.

• 2 weeks later...

British gothic metal pioneers PARADISE LOST will release the "Draconian Times MMXI" DVD on November 7 via Century Media Records.

Sony Music reissued PARADISE LOST's seminal 1995 album "Draconian Times" through the "Legacy" series; featuring the entire digitally remastered album, including a 5.1 Dolby Surround mix in a brand-new collector's edition digipak box set, so fans could hear the album like never before. Along with this release, the band performed "Draconian Times" live at a series of seven exclusive gigs this past spring in Utrecht, Bochum, London, Paris, Athens, and Thessaloniki.

"Draconian Times MMXI" features the London show at The Forum on April 1, a documentary from the whole tour filmed by the band's bass player Steve Edmondson, interviews about the history of "Draconian Times" with producer Simon Efemey, Nick Holmes (vocals), Greg Mackintosh (guitar), Aaron Aedy (guitar), Steve Edmondson (bass) and Andy Farrow (manager since 1990) and the two promo videos from PARADISE LOST's latest album, "Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us".

Commented Holmes: "It was great fun doing the 'Draconian Times' live shows and the response outshined our expectations by far. All the shows were great, but the London show was a real highlight and thankfully captured on film. Jens Bogren has mixed the songs brilliantly, the extras are fun, and the whole thing has come together tremendously well. We are lucky to have such devoted fans, prepared to travel all over the world to see our shows. This DVD is dedicated to them, and I hope they thoroughly enjoy it!"

Fans have a chance to leave their memories of the legendary "Draconian Times" album on the new DVD. Pre-order the limited-edition double DVD plus live CD at CM Distro Europe until August 29, leave your memories (no more than 30 words), and your words and name will appear in the final credits of the DVD. Please understand that Century Media will not use any comments that are of a sexual or offensive nature.

The main show was directed and produced by Paul Green of Cybertech Productions. Jens Bogren, who produced the last PARADISE LOST album (as well as releases by OPETH and AMON AMARTH, among others) mixed and mastered the audio sound at Fascination Street Studios in Örebro, Sweden. The cover artwork for "Draconian Times MMXI" was created by Justin Kamerer.

"Draconian Times MMXI" track listing:

01. Enchantment

02. Hallowed Land

03. The Last Time

04. Forever Failure

05. Once Solemn

06. Shadowkings

07. Elusive Cure

08. Yearn For Change

09. Shades Of God

10. Hands Of Reason

11. I See Your Face

12. Jaded

13. Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us

14. True Belief

15. One Second

16. Say Just Words

17. Rise Of Denial

18. As I Die

paradisedraconiandvd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ja pre neki dan video da je Century media potpisala Vallenfyre i ovu fotku i info:

vallenfyreband.jpg

Commented Jens Prueter, head Of A&R, Century Media Records Europe: "I was already blown away by VALLENFYRE's old-school orgy of doomy and crusty death metal riffs when I heard the first demo last winter and the new seven-inch sounds even better. So I couldn't hesitate to offer them a deal straight away. That's how we signed GRAVE and ASPHYX over 20 years ago — and we all know that it was a good decision. So welcome to another chapter of Century Media's death metal legacy.

"VALLENFYRE's debut album, 'A Fragile King', is already recorded and will be released in late October 2011.

"If you like a mix of early ENTOMBED, CELTIC FROST, AUTOPSY and AMEBIX, you should hurry up to buy the last few copies of the 'Desecration' seven-inch single, which was limited to only 500 copies by Imperium Productions."

I naravno pojma nisam imao ko je, mislio sam da su iskopali neki UG bend povedeni uspehom Sonne Adama kad ono eto zajebane ekipe.