Therion

Kakashi

nadam se da ce nas osim sa novim therionom iznenaditi jos nekim albumom Demonoida ili mozda necim sasvim trecim.

e tako je soli icon_da.gif

btw, ima li jos neki bend gde johnsson svira sem demonoid-a i carbonizad-a? oba benda su tako extra da nemam reci icon_rockdevil.gif

Edited by Kali Yuga

e tako je soli icon_da.gif

btw, ima li jos neki bend gde johnsson svira sem demonoid-a i carbonizad-a? oba benda su tako extra da nemam reci icon_rockdevil.gif

Christofer Johnsson : Vocals, guitars, keyboards (ex-Carbonized (Swe), ex-Messiah (Che), Procreation (Swe), Demonoid)

Messiah i Procreation ja nisam slusao a msilim da te bendove i nemam, ne mogu sad da kopam jer sam umoran ali svakako na metal arhivama mozes pogledati info ostalih clanova i bivsih clanova i gostiju, spisak bendova u kojima su svirali j eimpresivan. Ja sam to postovao negde na ovoj temi, al ko zna gde je to sad .. svakako se moze naci O V D E

Christofer Johnsson : Vocals, guitars, keyboards (ex-Carbonized (Swe), ex-Messiah (Che), Procreation (Swe), Demonoid)

Messiah i Procreation ja nisam slusao a msilim da te bendove i nemam, ne mogu sad da kopam jer sam umoran ali svakako na metal arhivama mozes pogledati info ostalih clanova i bivsih clanova i gostiju, spisak bendova u kojima su svirali j eimpresivan. Ja sam to postovao negde na ovoj temi, al ko zna gde je to sad .. svakako se moze naci O V D E

Messiah je mnogo, ali mnogo dobar shvajcarski thrash/death imam 3-4 albuma, al ovaj jedan sa Krisom nemam, a i on je tu samo vokale radio(album "Underground")

A Procreation mu dodje neki old-true-death koji je izdao samo demo '90e a ovom je nadimak bio Necro icon_smile.gif

dobar muzikant taj johansson, ali steta sto ne pravi bolju metal muziku, kad bi kombinovao demonoid svirku i therion furku, dobio bi 10x bolji bend

ne razumem poentu... demonoid je zvucno blizak ranim therion radovima, samo sto je melodicniji i mnogo bolje isproduciran... a kako ti zamisljas kombinaciju death-a & (sympho) heavy-ja majke ti? icon_smile.gif

Messiah je mnogo, ali mnogo dobar shvajcarski thrash/death imam 3-4 albuma, al ovaj jedan sa Krisom nemam, a i on je tu samo vokale radio(album "Underground")

A Procreation mu dodje neki old-true-death koji je izdao samo demo '90e a ovom je nadimak bio Necro icon_smile.gif

Sad bas videh da imam Rotten Perish od Svajcarskog Messiaha, ali nisam preslusao album icon_rolleyes.gif

Ah, videćemo... U svakom slučaju, sad će svi oni nesrećnici koji su svih ovih godina trubili o tome da se Therion prodao, najzad delimično biti u pravu. Jer, Chris se iznenadio činjenicom da u 90% recenzija za Lemuria-u novinari na sav glas hvale povratak growl-a... Toliko se iznenadio da je počeo da razmišlja o tome da ih "ubaci" još više na novom albumu icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif Inače, da nije bilo takvih recenzija/reakcija publike ne bi o tome ni razmišljao. Hehehe, kakav čovek! biggrin.gif

u stvari, nisam bas u pravu sto se tice druge tvrdnje, evo sta on kaze o death metal periodu theriona i ranom periodu svedskog dm-a uopste:

The problem people usually do when judging our first few albums is that they are looking upon them with glasses of today. Or comparing with innovative bands that came after (like Opeth). Small differences today where considered huge back then. Most bands were like AC/DC - just plug in the guitars and go crazy. Using keyboards was only that absolutely groundbreaking. Only NOCTURNUS did that before us and they used it in a completely different way (not melodic and and symphonic). Nobody back then thought of Therion as "standard", it is something some people started to say after we got famous with Theli and death and black metal bands where becoming famous for having a broader musical perspective.

However, fact remains that in 1992, there where no other* known death metal band except The Gathering and Paradise Lost that used female vocals, we were the only* band to use clean male vocals (Edge of Sanity did that the year after), we were the only* band to use persian ("arabic") melodies, we were the only band that had psychedelic influences (from Voivod, listen to Cthulhu and The Way) and we used drumpatterns (for example Pandemonic Outbreak) and guitarchords that nobody else did back then. And the guitar solos also sounded totally different. Nobody else sounded like Peter and in Illusions of Life you hear a rock n' roll solo (the whole song have a bit of "rock" a well), something I doubt anyone else would have dared if they had thought of it.

* = Celtic Frost did all that to, but they were not a part of that wawe of bands we're talking about, they were totally before eveyone else and had a sort of musical universe of them selves.

In 1991 we were already considered to be original. We used some keyboards in 2 songs (for atmosphere in Return and playing a melody in Genocidal Raids) and I think no band had such a variety in drum patterns as we did back then. Most bands used 2/2 for the majority of their songs (we also used that, but rather rarely) and the rest was often blast beats (Morbid Angel) or straight 4/4 and 8/8 with double bassdrums. This is probably because our drummer wasn't a metal head, so often he interpreted what we did on the guitars completely different to how a guy listening to metal would have.

This fact of course do not make those bands using that unoriginal, there were several bands that created originality in other ways. Nihilist/Entombed did it with (among other things) the influece from hardcore that gave more melody to the music and of course their unique guitar sound.

Guitarwise we used not only power chords that was the common thing back then, we used also major and minor chords. Using major chords is still today quite unusual in death metal. 

Also listen to Megalomania, there you hear some Jimi Hendrix influenced stuff in the beginning of the song. And the solo have some rock 'n roll influences.

However, what makes "Of Darkness" so original is that it was a complilation of old songs that we wanted to record before taking the "next step", as some songs written for "Beyond Sanctorum" already was written and we wanted to make an album with unity.

It was recorded 1990

All in all, there were many things we did that other bands also did, but while most of those had a perticular thing that was original, we often combined all of them. For instance Nocturnus used keyboards, but apart from that they didn't do anything perticulary original. Morbid Angel had their unique style (that many copied) and deserve huge credits for that, but they were pretty much stuck with what they did. Carcass is an opposite example, they had a typical style too (with grinding drums and pitched vocals, something we got influenced of and used too), but eveolved into something different with time.

What made Therion special even back then was the open mind to incorporate preciesely what ever we felt like doing and liked. Paradise Lost for instance used female vocals before we did, but they got stuck in one direction and developed that way. We though "oh nice, female vocals, let's use that", but could at the same time do something more brutal too. Like getting influences from Deicide using doubled vocals with one high and low pitched voice at the same time. But while this was one of the few things they had that was perticular for them, you'd find tons of such things in Therion. So what I'm saying is that even when it comes to things that wasn't totally exclusive for Therion, things that you can find other bands being the innovator of or using at the same time as us, you'll still find absolutely no other band combining all of those things like we did - and that is in my opinion a point equally important as those ideas we were the innovators of our selves.

• 1 month later...

THERION's CHRISTOFER JOHNSSON Retires From Singing

Christofer Johnsson, founder, songwriter, guitarist, and vocalist for the symphonic Swedish group THERION, has announced today via the band's official web site that he will be retiring from vocal duties. The following is an excerpt from his post:

"As was announced at the Metal Mania festivals, I am going to retire from vocals. The reasons for this are two: One is that I feel it's not fun to sing anymore (even though I have enjoyed playing the old songs on guitar). [My] voice is getting weaker over the years and I experienced problems at the end of the U.S./Canada tour. The problem isn't only getting older, but rather that we basically never rehearse as a band and therefore, I don't keep my throat 'warm.' It simply doesn't work to not sing for half a year and then go on tour for two months and shout every evening. It used to work when I was younger, but now I feel it's not comfortable anymore and when it doesn't feel right, it's definitely time to stop.

"The second reason is that we would like to stop playing old songs, anyway. By old I mean 'Lepaca Klifffoth' and older. We are now working on our 13th studio album and it is getting harder and harder to choose which songs to play live. The number of 'classics' — songs that we more or less must play — is growing all the time and we don't want to end up like one of those bands where you know beforehand 95% for sure what songs that are going to be played. We want to be able to have space to play a couple of unexpected songs each new tour. We, of course, realize that many fans will miss those old brutal songs, but we are convinced that those fans also will prefer to hear something new each time from the Theli album and onwards.

"The ProgPower festival in England will be the final show where I do vocals on stage. This will be our 106th and final show supporting 'Lemuria'/'Sirius B'. We will not be on stage again until 2007. I have planned a special surprise for this festival (not even the other band members know it), so don't miss this festival if you live in the U.K.!"

THERION will be releasing "Celebrators Of Becoming", a four-DVD+ two-CD set (featuring over ten hours of video footage and two hours of live audio) in North America on June 13. Artwork for "Celebrators Of Becoming" is available at this location (check under 2006 releases, then scroll down to June 13).

Zaboravio je da doda i treći razlog~ tri pakle cigareta dnevno! icon_smile.gif Šalim se...

Pa, dobro. Tako nešto se i moglo očekivati. Sad još samo da saznam ko će onda pevati je*eni growl na novom albumu [ako će ga uopšte biti icon_sad.gif ] i da skupljam pare za ove perverzije u vidu raznih nosača zvuka [a bogme i slika].